At Diss Town Football Club we take child protection and welfare very seriously. Any child can contact Mark Burrows the Clubs Welfare Officer in the strictest of confidence as can any adult who is concerned about the welfare of a child. Mark can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07737 401 216.
All youth coaches and assistants have been DBS checked and the main team coach is required to take their FA level 1 coaching qualification within a year of joining the club.
There is a wealth of information regarding the safeguarding of children online, please see the below links for further information.
Norfolk FA Safeguarding
Suffolk FA Safeguarding
If you are a child or young adult looking for support Childline are available on the phone or online at any time, 0800 1111 or www.childline.org.uk
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) Are the leading children's charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK. As a club we promote the use of the NSPCC helpline, 0808 800 5000. It is open 24hrs a day and is a place adults can contact by phone or online to get advice or share their concerns about a child, anonymously if they wish. It's staffed by professional practitioners with backgrounds in jobs like teaching, healthcare and social work, who know how to spot the signs of abuse and what to do to help.
If you have concerns about a child or young person please contact the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000, by emailing email@example.com or visit their website www.nspcc.org.uk
Respect Code of Conduct
Diss Town Youth fully endorse the respect code of conduct. We all have a role to play in ensuring that matchdays remain about sportsmanship and enjoyment as opposed to aggression, abuse and conflict. To ensure that we can continue to be proud of our club and supporters please take a moment to read the codes of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
- Always play to the best of my ability
- Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time
- Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager
- Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
- Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
- Listen and respond to what my coach/ team manager tells me
- Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA:
- Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
- Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
- Be dropped or substituted
- Be suspended from training
- Be required to leave the club.
- My club,County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct
- The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.
Parents, Carers and Spectators
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
- Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA:
I may be:
- Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
- Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer
- Required to meet with the club committee
- Obliged to undertake an FA education course
- Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
- Requested by the club not to attend future games
- Suspended or have my club membership removed
- Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
- The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/ or suspension on the club.